Welcome to Joyful Hearts - Mindful Yoga exclusively for Teens and Children.
My aim is to make yoga and mindfulness wholly accessible and integral to the daily lives of teenagers and children attending schools in and around Marlow UK.
In response to COVID-19 isolation laws, all my Mindful yoga lessons are now running 'live' on Zoom at the following days/times and are FREE for all kids & teens living in the Marlow area:
From 2 June, every Tuesday 3.30-4.30pm for School Years 5&6
From 23 April, every Thursday 3-4pm for School Years 3&4
From 24 April, every Friday 4-5pm for School Years 7&8
Live or Pre-Recorded lessons for Teen Years 9-13 available upon request
What makes Joyful Hearts yoga lessons unique is the age-appropriate educational content I weave into them, as I am certified to teach yoga anatomy, physiology, socio-psychology and neuroscience.
Teaching a young person why a greater self awareness and deeper self-connection is essential to realising one's true potential for example; or practicing how to follow the breath throughout the yoga flow is another example of the ways I encourage young people to embody the full benefits of a regular yoga & mindfulness practice for their optimal wellbeing.
Joyful Hearts yoga & mindfulness lessons are also themed each term, to offer students more than just a yoga class! By integrating a range of discplines from music, art, maths, science, literacy and nature, my lessons serve to enhance school lessons, and follow the UK's National Curriculum by each Key Stage Development.
In the true sense of 'yoga' which literally means to 'unite' Joyful Hearts yoga lessons span across the growing needs of a young person's physical, mental (intellectual), emotional and social wellbeing.
My philosophy for teaching Mindful Yoga in this unique way draws on the neuroscientific research that the more ways our brain can process and absorb information, the more it can retain and retrieve new information in any given moment. We learn much more however when we feel relaxed and happy, so Joyful Hearts yoga classes are always fun, experiential and provide a safe and comfortable space for each young people to learn about their bodies and mind and awaken their innate spirit.
A regular yoga and mindfulness practice encourages them to:
- Be more aware & accepting of their physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing
- Improve concentration and self regulation skills (both in school and at home)
- Remain calm and present 'in the moment' (excellent around exam time/sibling rivalry)
- Improve overall health & fitness - muscle strength, flexibility, balance, posture and focus (popular for sports/atheletes)
- Trust their intuition - boosting self-confidence and inner belief (when facing difficult decisions, tests or relationships)
- Show respect, kindness and humility to others and all nature in world we live in
- Adopt a growth mindset to life and feel joyful in their hearts - no matter what!
Find out more
Interviewed by The Sunday Telegraph's Stella Magazine, 13 March 2016.
See my yogi teens & kids in action on Facebook @joyfulheartsUK or see Joyful Hearts UK YouTube channel.
Please follow > LOVE > review > subscribe > share with friends, schools or clubs in the Marlow community.